No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.
On April 5th, of 2012 I wrote in my Happiness Journal, "I believe that there are five essential components for joy", and then I made the following list.
1. Gratitude - journal it, feel it, express it. Thank God, humbly and often.
2. Simplification - complexity is opposed to the creation of joy. It is a distraction (and a subtraction).
3. Mindfulness - joy occurs infused only within the present moment. We must be in now moments mentally and emotionally to experience joy...not agonizing over the past or worrying, plotting, planning, and racing mentally into the future.
4. The Recognition of "Enough" - hold within ourselves a real recognition that we are enough and have enough. The pursuit of "more" (stuff, money, you name it) smothers the emergence of joy.
5. Cease Self-comparisons with Others. Comparison breeds discontent. You are unique, one of a kind (no comparisons needed here)!